Terms and Conditions
1. The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people attending Royal Holloway, University of London who are verified members of the Students’ Union, Royal Holloway, University of London.
2. Permanent employees or agencies of Students’ Union, Royal Holloway, University of London ("SURHUL", "We"), or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the Rate Your Union survey. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Rate Your Union Survey" in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
6. SURHUL accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by SURHUL.
7. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 29 May 2016. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
8. Two winners per day for the duration of the Prize Draw will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The first draw will take place on 17 May 2016 with subsequent draws each day ending on 30 May.
9. The winner will receive one of the following prizes: Water Speakers, Amazon Firestick, Nutri Bullet, George Foreman Grill, Wireless Headphones, Nescafe Dolce Coffee Machine, Unique Fruit £20 Voucher, Sweet Hamper, Anker Power Bank, VonShef Popcorn Maker, Benross Candy Floss Maker, Oregon Projector Alarm Clock, Cranium Board Game, 1100 Typhoo Tea Bags Plus 2x SU Mugs, Domino’s Pizza £25 Voucher (x2 available), Harry Potter Box Set, Amazon £30 Gift Card, 24 Pack of Sharpies, Star Wars The Force Awakens DVD, Face Mats, Meal for Two in Tommy’s Kitchen, Two Summer Blowout Tickets, Money Counting Box, Costa Coffee £10 Gift Card, Emoji Cushion, Monopoly Board Game, Popcorn Hamper.
10. SURHUL accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from locations).
11. The winner will be notified by email on or before 29 May 2016 and must attend the Students’ Union Reception to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to SURHUL within 14 days of being notified by SURHUL, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and SURHUL shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and SURHUL shall be entitled to select another winner.
12. The name of the winners can be obtained after 29 May 2016 by sending an email to email@example.com with "Rate Your Union Winners" in the subject line.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
14. SURHUL retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
15. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on SURHUL's reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by SURHUL and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by SURHUL and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
16. SURHUL accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. SURHUL further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of SURHUL for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
17. SURHUL reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of SURHUL in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. SURHUL shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
19. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. Promoter: Students’ Union, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, TW20 0EX.