Hi, I am Kate Wells, and I am running to be your VP Societies & Sport to improve the experience of all student groups and provide a louder voice for them at Royal Holloway!
Get to know me…
- This is my 4th year at Royal Holloway.
- I am a MA Public History student.
- I have been a member of Women’s Football for 4 years; I was First Team Captain in my 2nd year and President this year.
What will I do for YOU?
- Facility Allocation
I will push for a more equal allocation of facilities for all Sports Clubs and Societies, inside and outside. Having a safe and suitable environment for every student group to carry out their activities will be my priority going into next year.
I will develop specific training opportunities for committee members to ensure that their group can develop its accessibility and inclusivity. This will also include a variety of online campaigns that student groups can get involved in, for example bringing awareness to LGBTQ+ rights and anti-racism.
I will work to strengthen the relationship between all student groups on campus through creating a space where committee members from different clubs and societies can meet in person. This will aid more efficient collaboration between student groups.
I will advocate for a closer relationship with the Active Lifestyle Team and Wellbeing Department to advance our #DoesYouGood campaign, providing a wider range of opportunities for students to focus on their wellbeing and for student groups to get involved with. This includes a series of free activities and sport classes, especially during exam season to reduce stress and maintain student interaction.
- Sponsorship and Fundraising
I will produce training sessions that will help student groups to gain sponsorships and aid their development, while focusing on building stronger relationships with the wider community to secure better links. I will also work to encourage groups to support a more diverse range of charities, assisting with advertisement and promotion.
What can I bring to this role?
- I have been working to improve the experience of grassroots sport, representing our university on the Amateur FA Youth Advisory Board this year.
- I have extensive experience in a leadership role at university.
- I have a worked with a wide range of student groups throughout my time and understand your desire and needs!
14 March 2022
16 March 2022
Registered charity no: 1141998
The Students’ Union, Royal Holloway
Egham, TW20 0EX