COUNT ON KAYLEIGH
Hi, I’m Kayleigh! I’m running to be your next VP Societies and Sports. I want to make changes that support the vast number of student groups we have at Royal Holloway, and for you, the students that attend them. I will push for inclusivity and diversity and encourage all students to get involved with the Students Union.
I have three main goals:
I will focus on ensuring all students - and student groups - receive the specific support they need to carry out their activities and day-to-day experiences.
- Review the support that groups need by continuing to offer accessible drop-in sessions
- Investigate how the Collectives, Executives, Sports, Societies, and Media groups can work together
- Increase transparency regarding decision-making from venues and SU such as changes to venue requirements and ticketing
- Implement the changes from the Academic Societies Review by working with relevant stakeholders and students for the most fun and effective outcome
Accessibility for all:
I want the SU and all of our activities and events to be accessible to as many people as possible.
- Work with the community to improve accessibility in sports
- Continue to push for financial inclusion, building upon the Access Fund and provision for sports kits
- Ensure that accessibility information is available when booking rooms
- Link to training with better online and printed accessibility - social media, posters, videos, nights out, student media
- Push for more sensory-friendly and alcohol-free events and raise awareness for societies and sports to do the same
I believe good and clear communication is essential to ensuring needs are met and everyone is as safe and engaged as they can be.
- Work on making the SU website more adaptable for groups
- Improve and develop training sessions, committee members are volunteers in high-pressure roles and having provable professional skills is essential
- Provide accountability for training as students rely on committees for their safety on- and off-campus, we need to ensure committee members have attended training sessions
- Create a more cohesive method of communication between students, student groups, and the SU
- Alongside seeing groups work together more effectively, create a centralised calendar so socials, training sessions, workshops, events, etc. can be easily seen by all students
- Push for student group admin processes to be streamlined: make the financial processes more accessible and ensure student group deliveries are better managed
14 March 2022
16 March 2022
Registered charity no: 1141998
The Students’ Union, Royal Holloway
Egham, TW20 0EX