To recognise outstanding contribution to the Students’ Union either in a voluntary or paid capacity. Presented to individuals who demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Leadership skills that have a positive impact on an individual, team, group or the Students’ Union in general.
- Delivery of an excellent service or campaign which positively impacts our members.
- Skills which have led to the accomplishment of improvement in relation to a group, course or issue.
- Strong and consistent association with one or all of our five values in their day to day association with the Students’ Union:
- Student Focused
- High Quality
To recognise an individual who has had a longstanding relationship with the Students’ Union either through a student group, student staff position, academic representative position or other. The individual will demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Commitment to the success of the Students’ Union
- Support for others to improve a situation or bring about impactful change
- Consistency in approach
- Motivational behaviour
Academic Rep of the Year
To recognise an academic representative who has gone above and beyond to make positive change on their course, in their department, or in their faculty. They will have shown excellence through some or all of the following:
- Successfully effecting positive change
- Engaging large numbers of students in the discussion of an issue
- Innovative campaigning
- Working constructively and collaboratively with their department
- Improving the academic rep system at Royal Holloway
Impact of the Year
To recognise the work of a group or individual in making student life better at Royal Holloway, through a project or campaign. They will have shown excellence in one or all of the following:
- Engaging with a wide student community
- Achieving changes or improvements for students at Royal Holloway
- Leadership that inspires others around them
Department of the Year
To recognise the academic department that has worked to integrate the academic representation system in their department, effecting change and enhancing the student experience.
Cameron Grant Memorial Shield
A student recognition award in memory of Cameron Grant, a Royal Holloway student who died from suicide in November 2014. Working with the family, this award is presented to a student who has shown one or all of the following:
- Has overcome adversity
- Has successfully managed mental health issues
- Has helped another student with either of the above