Course Rep Volunteer Form


If you’ve got here, that means you’re interested in becoming a course rep. We’re really excited for the new academic year and can’t wait to get going. If you’re keen to get going, scroll down and fill out the form linked below, but if you'd like a little bit more information before giving us your details, you can find out what reps do.

Once you’ve filled out the form, you’ll receive an email with the next steps. You will not be a course rep until you have attended a mandatory induction session - more information on that will be included in the email.

Sign up now

Key changes for 2021/22

This year, there are a couple of new elements in the academic rep system that will help us to ensure that the varying student experiences are captured across the university.

Joint Honours reps

Firstly, we’re on the lookout for joint honours reps who are course reps that are undertaking a joint degree (i.e. BA English and Drama, BSc Physics with Music). You would have the title of Joint Honours course rep which would be listed on our website and shared with your department. If you’d like to be a joint honours rep, please tick the relevant box on the sign-up form.

Student experience specialisms

We’re also offering the opportunity for you to specialise in a type of student experience. These specialisms are types of lived experiences that you have that may have an impact on how, why or what you study. This will involve us collecting some personal information from you, so here’s the details to help you inform your decision. We will be sharing that you have a specialism with your department so that they can offer you the opportunity to get involved with project work. Whilst we will publish your name and the level of course rep you are (i.e. Year One Classics course rep) so your classmates can find out who their course rep is, we will not be putting any information about specialisms on our website. The data will be stored in a locked spreadsheet and anonymised after one year.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch at