In these terms and conditions ‘RHSU’ refers to Royal Holloway Students’ Union, ‘You’ ‘Your’ refers to you as a student at Royal Holloway or a guest using Royal Holloway Students’ Union’s website.
1. If you wish to attend an event at RHSU you are required to purchase a ticket using the Students’ Union’s website. In the event of a problem with the website or in exceptional cases it is possible to purchase a ticket at the Union Helpdesk.
2. If you are on the banned list you will not be able to purchase a ticket until your ban has expired or you have paid your fine.
3. For the majority of events you are eligible to purchase a maximum of three tickets with two of these assigned to guests upon collection of your tickets.
4. You will receive confirmation of purchase by email within 24 hours of the purchase to your registered account, this will generally by your College email address.
5. Your tickets will be viewable on the website by logging in and navigating to ‘Purchase History’ on your account options.
6. Generally tickets will guarantee you entry into the event until 11pm, after this time entry will be dependent on venue capacity until midnight. In the event of the guarantee time changing this will be clearly communicated on the event webpage.
7. Your College Card will automatically have your ticket added to it once payment is completed online. You simply need to turn up at the event with your College Card and photographic proof of age ID (driving licence, passport, PASS card or government ID) or a signing in wristband and the person who signed you in if you are a guest.
8. Guests need to be signed in at any of the following locations and times:
9. This can only be done on the night of the event. They cannot be signed in on the door of the SU.
10. If you want fast track entry on the night you can exchange your e-ticket for a wristband on the day of the event at the ‘Wristband Exchange’. These will take place in the following locations:
11. Please note that additional ticket holders need to be present when exchanging for a wristband and wristbands must be placed on your arm at the time of collection. We cannot refund any wristbands that are lost between collection and the event start so please look after your wristband.
12. Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
13. Online tickets may be transferred at the door, on the night of the event. Generally this will be between 10pm and 11pm.
14. Transferals outside of this time need to be completed in person at the Wristband Exchange - tickets cannot be exchanged any other way.
15. You cannot transfer a ticket and then come back to the event later unless you purchase an additional ticket.
16. If transferring on the door, you will need to enter the venue once you have transferred your ticket.
17. The person whom you are transferring your ticket to must be present. Please remember that you are responsible for any guests you sign in even if you transfer your own ticket and do not attend.
18. A refund can be claimed within 14 days of the purchase of your ticket(s) but no less than 24 hours before an event is scheduled to take place.
19. No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been collected by you, and nor will such tickets be refunded.
20. If for any reason you are entitled to a refund you must return any physical tickets you have to RHSU.
21. When claiming a refund for an event you need to email email@example.com and include the date of purchase, your receipt reference number and your student number (if applicable) in your email.
22. Any refund will usually be paid using the same method used to buy the tickets within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your physical tickets, whichever is later.
23. All RHSU events may be photographed, filmed, and/or streamed via live webcast by us or our agents. By purchasing a ticket to an event you consent to the recording and transmission of images (both still and moving) of you and your guests. We retain all rights in any images, which can be used for publicity purposed and marketing materials. If you'd prefer your image not to be used in materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you will need to email us separately for each event you will be attending.
24. If an event cannot take place or is delayed because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by you or your guests. Examples of such circumstances include (without limitation): war, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster, act of God, outbreak of disease, epidemic, pandemic, any strike or labour dispute, interruption or failure of any utility service, any government order, rule regulation, or action by a government or public authority.
Registered charity no: 1141998
The Students’ Union, Royal Holloway
Egham, TW20 0EX