1. If you wish to attend an event at RHSU you are required to purchase a ticket using the Students’ Union’s website or StudentLink App. In the event of a problem with the website/app or in exceptional cases, it is possible to purchase a ticket at the Union Helpdesk.
2. If you are on the banned list you will not be able to purchase a ticket until your ban has expired or you have paid your fine.
3. For the majority of events you are eligible to purchase a maximum of three tickets with two of these assigned to guests upon collection of your tickets.
4. You will receive confirmation of purchase by email within 24 hours of the purchase to your registered account, this will generally be your College email address.
5. Your tickets will be viewable on the website by logging in and navigating to ‘Purchase History’ on your account options.
6. An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
7. Generally tickets will guarantee you entry into the event until 11pm, after this time entry will be dependent on venue capacity until midnight. In the event of the guarantee time changing this will be clearly communicated on the event webpage.
8. Your College Card will automatically have your ticket added to it once payment is completed online. You simply need to turn up at the event with your College Card and photographic proof of age ID (driving licence, passport, PASS card or government ID) or a signing in wristband and the person who signed you in if you are a guest.
9. Guests need to be signed in at any of the following locations and times:
10. This can only be done on the night of the event.
11. If you want fast track entry on the night you can exchange your e-ticket for a wristband on the day of the event at the ‘Wristband Exchange’. This will take place in the following location:
12. Please note that additional ticket holders need to be present when exchanging for a wristband and wristbands must be placed on your arm at the time of collection. We cannot refund any wristbands that are lost between collection and the event start so please look after your wristband.
13. Tickets cannot be exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
14. Online tickets may be transferred to another individual at the following location on the day of the event:
15. The person whom you are transferring your ticket to must be present and have valid ID.
16. After transferring your ticket, you will be unable to attend the event unless you purchase a new ticket.
17. All transfers are final and cannot be reversed.
18. No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been collected by you, and nor will such tickets be refunded.
19. A refund can be claimed within 14 days of the purchase of your ticket(s) but no less than 48 hours before an event is scheduled to take place.
20. If a refund is issued you must return any physical tickets you have to RHSU.
21. When claiming a refund for an event you need to email email@example.com and include the date of purchase, your receipt reference number and your student number (if applicable) in your email.
22. Any refund will usually be paid using the same method used to buy the tickets within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your physical tickets, whichever is later.
23. All RHSU events may be photographed, filmed, and/or streamed via live webcast by us or our agents. By purchasing a ticket to an event you consent to the recording and transmission of images (both still and moving) of you and your guests as members of the audience. We retain all rights in any images, which can be used for publicity purposes and marketing materials. If you'd prefer your image not to be used in materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you will need to email us separately for each event you will be attending.
24. If you have any objection to being photographed while at an event, please contact a member of the venue management team.
24. If an event cannot take place or is delayed because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by you or your guests. Examples of such circumstances include (without limitation): war, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster, act of God, outbreak of disease, epidemic, pandemic, any strike or labour dispute, interruption or failure of any utility service, any government order, rule regulation, or action by a government or public authority.
Registered charity no: 1141998
The Students’ Union, Royal Holloway
Egham, TW20 0EX