Academic Advice.

What can we help you with?

While we hope that you will be able to go through your time at Royal Holloway without any academic issues, we realise that this isn’t always possible. Fear not though, we’re here to support you if anything goes wrong.

Here you will find out about the support we can provide you with throughout your degree. This area should not be confused with our academic rep system which is where you go if you want to improve something on your course. Through the Advice Centre we can help you with:

Further support

Coming to university is a new and different experience for a lot of people. The move from school or college to university can be a big jump for many students, especially when it comes to the workload.

If you have any issues with your department or are struggling with something on your course, you should speak to your programme tutor or personal tutor about your concerns. However, if you don’t feel comfortable talking to your tutor about these issues, then you may want to speak to your course rep or the Head of Department/School.

If you have a meeting you need to attend with your department and would like someone to accompany you, then an SU Advisor can attend the meeting with you.

An SU Advisor can:

  • Help you communicate with your department
  • Advise you around procedures and regulations
  • Help you draft and complete forms/applications
  • Prepare you for misconduct meetings and understand the allegation against you

This is not an exhaustive list so if you feel you need the help of an advisor for something else, please get in touch.