SU Elections Nominations Now Open

Are you up for working with the College to shape the future for Royal Holloway students? Maybe you’ve got plans for the GP Surgery, or want to lead the Bears to victory? Nominations for our paid full-time 2022/23 Sabbatical Officer positions are now open, along with part-time Student Trustee and School Rep roles.

Are you up for working with the College to shape the future for Royal Holloway students? Maybe you’ve got plans for the GP Surgery, or want to lead the Bears to victory?

We’ve officially opened nominations for our Students’ Union Elections, which means that you have the opportunity to register your interest in standing for election for one of our sabbatical officer roles. It’s an unmissable opportunity and one that’s well worth your time.

There are four paid full-time positions up for grabs: President, Vice President Education, Vice President Wellbeing & Diversity, and Vice President Societies and Sport. There’s also the chance to head to Liverpool as an NUS Delegate, or become part of the Education Executive as a school rep through our voluntary, unpaid part-time positions.

This is it. Right here, right now, you can change the course of Royal Holloway history, forever.

I’m in. How can I nominate myself?

It’s super easy, all you have to do is click the link below and fill out the information. You don’t even need to worry about a manifesto just yet. All you need is some drive, your College Card number, and a couple of personal details and you’ll be good to go!

Nominate myself

This all sounds a bit much, is this for me?

Well, that depends. We won’t lie to you, running in an election is a pretty brave thing to do and it takes a lot of work to pull it off. But, that’s why we’re here every step of the way to get you to the finish line. There are several Students’ Union staff members on hand to support you throughout this journey to help you get the most out of your campaign.

And, even if you don’t win, we’ll be able to help you turn this experience into some banging points on your CV. Running your own campaign gives you experience that you will carry with you for the rest of your life and will give you skills you’ll use regularly as you move on from university life.

And, if you put yourself forward and find it’s all a bit too much, this isn’t like signing a marriage license – you can drop out at any time (although we recommend you try and stick it out until the end).

I’m an international/mature/postgraduate/part-time/etc. student, can i still run?

Of course! As long as you’re a fully signed up student at Royal Holloway, you can put yourself forward for election. You need to be a member of the Students’ Union, which you automatically are unless you’ve opted out, but that’s the only prerequisite!

If you have any questions or concerns about whether or not running will affect your status (in terms of visas, funding, etc.), please get in touch with us via email and we’ll be more than happy to help you out.

I have so many more questions

Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Have a good explore of our elections minisite – we’ve got FAQs, job descriptions and much more available for you to get as many answers as possible. If you can’t find an answer to your burning question there, drop us an email.

So, what are you waiting for? Click the button below to head over to the elections home page to start your journey!

Stand for election