Coronavirus Update

Due to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, your educational experience has been changed significantly for at least the remainder of this academic year.

Understandably, there have been numerous questions about these unprecedented changes, so we've put together a dedicated Academic Advice page on our Coronavirus Hub. With links to the College's Exams & Assessments Hub and a list of FAQs, you can quickly access any important information you may need.

What can we help you with?

Here you will find out about all the stuff we can do to support you through your degree. While we hope that you’ll be able to go through your time here without any academic issues, we realise that this isn’t always possible. That’s why we’re here to support you if anything goes wrong. This area should not be confused with our Academic Rep system which is where you go if you want to improve something on your course. Through the Advice Centre we can help you with:

  • What do we mean by academic issues?
  • What is an academic offence?
  • What is an academic appeal?
  • Extenuating factors (Extenuating Circumstances)
  • Withdrawal of a student by the College (Termination of Registration)

Who can help with what?

Coming to university is a new and different experience for a lot of people. The move from school or college to university can be a big jump for many students, especially when it comes to the workload.

If you have any issues with your department or are struggling with something on your course, then you should speak to your programme tutor or personal tutor about your concerns. However, if you don’t feel comfortable talking to your tutor about these issues, then you may want to speak to your Academic Coordinator, the Head of Department or an SU Advisor. If you have a meeting you need to attend with your department and would like someone to accompany you, then an SU Advisor can attend the meeting with you.